What happens to your body if you swallow Tide pods?

Laundry Detergent Pod ingestion can cause serious injury and fatality. Do NOT eat them and keep them out of reach of children and impaired adults. No laundry pods were consumed in the making of this video. The purpose of this video is to tell a story and educate. This is based on a true story occurring January 2018, USA.

The latest and most dangerous Internet challenge to emerge in 2018

Doctors have urged teenagers not to take part in the dangerous craze that was inspired by memes. What exactly are Tide Pods and how dangerous are they to your health?

This particular brand has swept the Internet because their colourful liquids make the capsules look like a sweets.

They definitely should not be eaten – worried doctors, parents and even manufacturers are pleading with impressionable youngsters to stop eating the laundry liquid.

The substances inside these pods are highly poisonous and pose serious health risks if they are ingested.

Even a small amount of the highly-concentrated liquid detergent can cause diarrhea, vomiting and breathing difficulties.

At their worst, they can even lead to death.

Manufacturer Tide has launched a page on its website dedicated to the safe handling of its products and warns parents to keep them out of reach of children.

The company advises consumers to drink a glass of milk or water if the product is swallowed and immediately call for medical help.

In a statement, the company said: “Our laundry pacs are a highly concentrated detergent meant to clean clothes … They should not be played with, whatever the circumstance is, even if meant as a joke.”

 

Related topics

tide pod challenge, tide pods, viral

Section Spotlight